(RE)CONNECT WITH NATURE
OUR GREEN EXERCISE ENVIRONMENTS UNITE THE PHYSIOLOGICAL AND PSYCHOLOGICAL BENEFITS OF EXERCISE WITH THOSE OF VITAMIN NATURE; THE RESULT IS 'EXERCISE, SQUARED'; A NOURISHING OASIS IN WHICH TO MOVE IN WAYS NATURE INTENDED.
OUR DESIGN TEAM CAN CONCEPTUALIZE AND DELIVER A GYM PROJECT FROM START TO FINISH, INCLUDING ALL EQUIPMENT & PLANTS, WHETHER INDOOR OR OUTDOOR, FROM 50SQ.M to 1000SQ.M
PREMIUM, NATURAL EQUIPMENT
AT ITS MOST BASIC BIOFIT TRAINING REQUIRES VERY LITTLE EQUIPMENT BUT WHEN IT COMES TO CREATING THE IDEAL TRAINING FACILITY FOR YEAR-ROUND USE, WE OPT FOR A MIX OF SANDBAGS, BALLS, BEAMS, ROPES AND WEIGHTS
WE HAVE A NETWORK OF SUPPLIERS THAT PRODUCE PREMIUM, HIGH QUALITY PRODUCTS MADE OF NATURAL MATERIALS SUCH AS WOOD, CANVAS, LEATHER, BAMBOO AND RUBBER TO ENSURE A UNIQUE AESTHETIC UNLIKE ANY OTHER GYM
This approach reunites indoor and outdoor worlds in urban architecture and interiors. Typically found in residential, hotel and office buildings, hospitals and retail stores; we are the first to introduce it into the gym environment. We integrate natural plants, textures, colours, visuals, shapes, scents, sounds and materials while avoiding metal machinery and flashing LCD screens.
BIOPHILIA & WELLBEING
Numerous studies have shown that biophilic design in the workplace gives employees an enhanced feeling of wellbeing, increases their productivity, improves their creativity, reduces anxiety, lowers staff turnover and lowers staff sickness rates (Professor Cary Cooper, Biophilic Design in the Workplace).
In educational environments students have seen increased learning speed (Terrapinn, The Economics of Biophilia), while in healthcare centers biophilic design has reduced patient recovery time (Professor Roger Ulrich) and in retail stores it can boost customer spend (Terrapinn, The Economics of Biophilia). We're applying the same logic to gym design, doubling down on the wellness benefits on offer in the process.
1. A mindful approach to selecting materials, prioritizing the natural and sustainable wherever possible.
2. An authentic sense of place inspired by each specific location, using indigenous plants, materials, scents and visuals.
3. A gym layout, equipment selection and training focus aligned with the local market and a business’s operational requirements.
WHY HAVE A BIOPHILIC GYM?
1. Create a safe, friendly place of practice, suitable for all ages and abilities, all year round
2. Offer a wide range of equipment in one space for endless variety and increased client motivation
3. A unique, highly engaging proposition that delivers tangible value for both owner and end-user
4. Two years of research and development lie behind our brand; we are unashamedly niche - we do one thing and we do it well
DESIGNER LILY JENCKS
Lily and her team in London integrate architecture, landscape and art. Their work is sustainably focused, reclaiming, recycling and reusing wherever relevant. She has been involved in Biofit from the very early days and brings a wealth of knowledge to the table in the fields of both landscaping / plants and architecture, a unique combination that is ideal for our requirements.